Connecting is Caring!
Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - Joe Kiedinger
When reflecting on how he cared for me, below is a short list:
– He asked my opinion using open-ended questions. i.e. “What do you think about this?”
– He invited me to industry functions.
– He included me on company meetings.
– He introduced me to colleagues in his industry and other business owners.
– He checked up on me to see how I was doing.
The list could go on and on, but one thing is for certain, he truly cared about me and still does to this day. I find the grocery industry fascinating because of his interest in me. If you ever concern yourself with thoughts of, “my industry isn’t sexy, why would anyone want to get into X.”
People follow those who care about them. Mentoring is caring and that goes a long and profitable way.
ACTION PLAN: Who are you going to put under your wing this year?